Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Monday, January 24, 2011

Creativity Tip No. 8


Art surrounds us wherever we are

I was listening to a free podcast the other day on how to use a light meter in photography. Since I have a nice light meter and never use it, I was interested in learning more.

The promised "live" feed by a photographer had been recorded this time, according to the girl who models for him, because he was down Mexico way on location.

My first thought was: Wow. I wish I was in another country taking photos. I'm sure I would come home with the most wonderful, creative shots I have ever taken. I thought, you see, that it was easy to be creative when you are in a place as lush as Mexico -- or actually, any place that wasn't home.

But then common sense prevalied. I didn't need to be away to take good photos. I just needed to grab my camera and go out and shoot something (with a camera, of course) which I have not been doing.

A photographer doesn't need to be on location to find good photos. They surround us every day.

For inspiration, check out a library book of photos taken by Andre Kertesz, the father of 35mm photography as he is known. Kertesz spent years shooting still lifes from the windows of his apartment in New York when he no longer wanted to venture out into the city. The photos are inspiring, not only because they are beautiful in their simplicity, but because this photographer found beauty in objects sitting around his home, just waiting to be recognzied as art.

Grab your camera. Time's a'wasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)