Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Creativity Tip No. 1

As we begin this creative journey together, I hope you will buy a journal of your choosing and use it every day. Please don't be intimidated by this. It doesn't mean you have to bare your soul each time you open it. No, it means that you have a place to jot down the ideas and thoughts that are of interest to you or need some type of creative solution. Writing them down helps, and you don't have to be a "writer" to do it.

(I try to write in a journal every day, but it doesn't often hapen. Daily life sometimes gets in the way of the journal, but I do it when I can. No pressure.)

When you are out shopping for a journal, pick up a package of colored pens. I had been using black pens to write with, and recently decided that this was not fun enough. So I bought pink, orange, green and blue pens, which reminded me of when I was in college and used a turquoise pen to write in a journal. A long time ago, but I still remember that.

I hope you will use your new rainbow pens constantly -- to draw things, to make "to do" lists, to write down a menu or whatever else your creative mind wants to hold onto.

Let's see -- we could use pink for Valentine's Day notes, green for gardening tips, blue for. . . but wait. You can decide all by yourself what the groovy pens will be used for.

That's the fun of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)