Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Creativity Tip No. 38

Haul out your summer jewelry!


The locusts are strumming, the songbirds have stopped singing and there are mums for sale at the big box stores. It can only mean one thing: Summer is drawing to a close.

I have made a conscious decision to wear as much of my summer jewelry as I can, as often as I can in the next days. If I could wear two sets of earrings at a time, I would be tempted. Too soon I will be putting this colorful stuff away and replacing it with the more conservative jewelry of fall.

Gone will be the white capris and the white sandals and the lightweight evening bags. Gone will be my pink (with blue trim) shoes and my mint green walking shoes. Back to black and brown and navy and gray, which I love, but doesn't it seem like we wear those colors more than enough?

I hope you will take this hint and start wearing all of  those whimsical items you cherish and wear only in the summer. Enjoy them while you can, even if you have to make a smiley face with them!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)