Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Rhubarb in Mid Summer



I can remember seeing rhubarb growing up among some tall grass next to my grandfather's garden at our house when I was growing up. The funny thing about this colorful vegetable is that it is very sour, and usually not something I like unless it's paired with strawberries and lots of sugar. Then I love it.

Some nice folks in my adult printmaking class brought me a small bag of rhubarb pieces, the last gleaning from their garden. We had talked about how a lot of younger peole are not as familiar with this plant as we are, and wondering if that meant it was on the decline.

I looked on the internet for easy recipes to turn these stalks into something edible, and found a lot of recipes of the berries and sugar variety. Not a surprise. But then, on an Italian food website, I found a recipe for Rhubarb Dip for Vegetables. I'm going to try it tonight ansd serve it with some green pepper slices.

Click here for an easy recipe for rhubarb.

Also, to learn more about this fruit, and for a couple more recipes, visit www.BoomThis.com here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)