Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

View from Above

right side of deck

This is the view I see when I sit on the little deck outside my bedroom. These small decks were an "in" thing way back when our house was built in the 1980s.

Most recently I have hung flowers and bird feeders from this deck, only venturing out there when I had to water or fill up a feeder.

But this year, going along with my mantra to Enjoy All That Summer Offers, I cleaned up the deck and placed some old faded plastic chairs out there for visits.

I told myself I can't buy new inexpensive plastic chairs until I am sure I will use the deck enough to warrant it. Funny, the ways we trick ourselves into doing things as we get older. but who knows us better?

left side of deck


So I scrubbed the furniture, clipped off the plastic fencing I had put up there once to keep creatures of the night from disturbing my bird feeders, and placed a pot of white flowers in the corner.

I am pleased to tell you I have sat out there a few times already, talking myself into going up to the second floor of the house to access this deck rather than plopping down on my first floor deck or front porch. I never had a treehouse when I was a child, and never felt that was an issue. But now that I can sit amidst the trees and be surrounded by nature,  I am glad I didn't wait any longer to have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)