Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Friends, DVDs Great Way to Learn


As I mentioned before, I am trying to learn free motion embroidery. A friend came over last week and helped me set things up and I feel like I can go ahead and jump into this new-to-me craft, but with a lot of practice.

But since I am not a comfortable seamstress, I also borrowed a DVD from the library which featured Ann Fahl's technique for Coloring with Thread. It was very helpful as it matched what she had written in her accompanying book.

But there's something about watching a real person do something that makes it much easier to learn. I have always sought out books to learn new things, but I now think that DVDs, and to the same extent YouTube-type vidoes, are more the way to go. There's no replacement for having a person right there with you that you can ask questons of, but coming in second place are these new video learning tools.

If there is something you have being waiting to learn, get a friend to come over who knows how to do it (best of all). If that can't happen, borrow some DVDs from the library or check out YouTube offerings. You will be up to speed a lot faster on the basics, which will allow your creative self to take off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)