Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Creativity Tip No. 28

I was out and about today enjoying looking at flowers at several locales, trying to scope out what's new and different. I'm not sure I found anything really new, but all of the stores look absolutely beautiful right now.

As per my blog yesterday where I mentioned deer resistant plants, I did notice that some of the plants on sale had tags that listed whether they would be eaten to the ground by deer or might possibly be safe from ravaging deer.

We can do them one better as we get ready to turn our creative spotlight on our gardens. On a website created by Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station, there is a list of "Landscape Plants Rated by Deer Resistance". No longer do we have to wonder if the plants we want to use in our gardens will only serve as deer nibbles (all the while keeping in mind that no plants are totally deer-proof. But we can hope!)

One thing I noticed when looking through the extensive list was that snapdragons ARE deer resistant. So I will go ahead and plant them near the porch again this year and keep my fingers crossed.

To check out your plants, visit the Rutgers website.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me want to plant more flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I have to hold myself back at this time of year. Everything is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)