Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Green Creativity: Use it Up, Make It Do

I have a fairly good-sized collection of craft items in my home. I love making things and relish the challenge of finding something unusual (on the street, at a flea market, from a friend) and holding on to it until I find the perfect way to use it.

That said, it follows that crafters like me have a LOT of stuff waiting to be discovered for its moment of fame. It's not so bad around here that I will be featured on a TV show about hoarding anytime soon, but enough for the clutter to drive me a little batty sometimes.

With the Depression-era saying of "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without" as my mantra, I have been loooking for ways to use what I have.

As an example, I wanted to send St. Patrick's Day cards to some family members. I took out the leprechaun stickers I bought a couple of years ago for some reason that escapes me now, and used them to create the cards I would send, instead of buying them. I saved a few bucks and the crafty clutter pile was reduced a little bit.

Let me know if you have any success in this area. It takes a little creativity but the results feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)