Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentines from the Heart


Here are some of the Valentine canvases I decorated for Valentine's Day as gifts for friends. A little bit of lace, fabric flowers and a heart charm dress these up to making them sweet enough for the holiday.

For those of you who want more details, the background was covered with a piece of deli paper that was a pulled print from my gelli plate. The purple felt heart was cut out using the Brother Scan n Cut machine which I am only beginning to learn how to use. Other embellishments used were things I had on hand, like the "friends" stamp for which I used Versamark ink and then embossed the image. I also had some small pieces of lace which I used to dress up the canvas and a little bit of pink trim (top) which I had bought on clearance.

Actually the only thing I had to buy to make these were the 5 x 7 canvases. It makes me happy to use up things I have on hand, One of my favorite quotes which I have used in this blog is:

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)