Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Creative Fun with Lake Rocks

Lake rocks with Crochet Covers, stenciling, stamping

On a recent trip to Erie, PA to see the Tall Ships, we found a boat ramp on Lake Erie where smooth rocks by the thousands have come to rest.

I was intrigued by these rocks and gathered up a bunch to bring home. I found directions on the internet for covering the rocks with crochet using light thread (but I eventually made up my own patterns as it was easy).

I also began to stencil and stamp on them, using these techniques on the top rock, which I then positioned on top of a crocheted one. Very cool.

There's only one problem. Since the rocks are free and available and only need to be washed before use, you would think I would be making these by the boatload. But I just haven't had time to make the two hour drive back to Erie to gather up some more. Hope to do that soon.

If you are intrigued by this project, I hope you have a ready source of rocks like these near where you live.

Here are some more photos:








No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)