Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Flowers Suffering from Dry Weather


My friend and I went out this week to get a few replacement plants for her garden. We went to the same nursery we had gone to in May when we had to restrain ouselves from buying every lush plant they had on sale.

Not so this week. The nursery's plants looked like mine: droopy, burned out, and very sad. Even our weeds are suffering from the intense heat and humidity we have been experiencing here in Western Pennsylvania.

My little baby dahlias with the most gorgeous colors have given up the fight and need to be pulled out and tossed. My hanging basket is dropping leaves faster than I can sweep the porch. And every day, whether I water or not, my impatiens look completely shriveled up, like they have been spending time in the desert.

So what creative thing can we do to rescue our gardens? I'm not sure, short of watering more which I am doing.

Would love to hear any creative tips you might have to help us all save the plants and flowers we have tendered this summer. It would be a shame to lose them all.




1 comment:

  1. Teri same thing up here re plants. I always 'dead head' remove all dry leaves and clip back the stems a bit for regrowth. I also have been buying 'fake' vines and flowers at the doller store ...that look so real people touch them to see if they are real. I like to look at my planters from the inside and they look really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)