Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Creative Spotlight: Charm Bracelets

Women love sparkly baubles, there is no doubt. Jewelers have capitalized on this notion for years, but some really smart ones have come up with a whole new way to feed women's need for charms to circle their wrists.

The new "memory" bead braclets are everywhere these days. I hadn't really paid attention until I saw one of my friend's this past summer. It was shimmering with all kinds of color and keepsakes, something that has always appealed to me.



This photo (above) is of my old charm bracelet from high school. It includes charms for my Sweet 16 birthday, for the musicals I was involved in (publicity committee, never center stage), my guitar and high school and team memorabilia too. Because of the sheer weight of the bracelet, I didn't wear it too much, but have kept it safely in a drawer all these years.


For Valentine's Day, I received one of the new style of charm bracelets and am enamored of it. It has a long way to go till it's filled up, but with Mother's Day and a birthday coming up in the spring, guess what I bet I will be receiving? That's nice to think about even as it's nice to look closely at my old charms and remember the times in my life they represent.

2 comments:

  1. I really like these - I got one for my daughters and daughter-in-law. I imagine one day it will bring back all the sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are neat. Everyone is selling them so there are deals to be made on these! Can't wait to get more beads, though. Have no patience!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)