Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yeasty Adventure: Studio Lighting




No, this isn't my house OR my equipment. But it's a neat photo!
 I asked Santa for some hobby lighting equipment so that I could begin to learn the best way to light objects and portraits indoors.

A class in studio lighting was available at Pittsburgh Filmmakers when I was still taking classes there but I didn't have the inclination to dive in then.

Truth be told, I prefer taking photos outside. I remember how after I had spent a couple of winter months shooting (bad) photos of my son at his indoor college track meets how amazing it was to look into the viewfinder when he finally had an outdoor meet. Wonderful!

But since I live in Pennsylvania, the chances for outdoor shots have been reduced considerably with the frigid turn in the weather. So I am hoping to learn how to beef up my skills in order to take better indoor shots.

I will keep you apprised of my progress, and if you have suggestions, please don't hesitate to send them along. I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)