Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Monday, June 20, 2011

Creativity Tip No. 33

Photographers: Sometimes it pays to look left


I almost missed this beautiful sunset photo the other night as I was walking around our high school. I was actually trying to take a photo of a robin perched on a tall tree serenading us with song as the day drew to a close (See photo below).

So I zoomed in with my little camera to get the shot of the robin, and after loooking at the result, realized I was too far away to get a decent shot of something so small. But just to the left of the robin, the sun was setting over some pine trees. I quickly snapped the shot.

Just goes to show you that sometimes what you think you want to focus on may not be the best shot. It pays to be open and really look at what's around us, to see what else is on the horizon. It just might be a once-of-a-kind photo you will cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)