Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Creativity Tip No. 32



Creativity, Clutter or Both?

It can be hard to be creative when things around you are messy. That said, being messy is often the only way to get the creative juices running. Hmmmm. . .

I run both hot and cold on this issue. If I am scrapping a page or two, then just about everything I own in the craft department is out in plain sight so I can grab it if I need it. That works for me.

But when I couldn't free my small ruler that I keep in my crochet tool bag, I got frustrated. The ruler had become tangled up in some of the old thread and yarn that I had dumped into the bag, obviously not the right place for it.

That prompted me to clean out the ziploc bag, the contents of which included -- but were not limited to -- old buttons, a book on knitting tips, several sppols of thread, a roll of fishing line, a refrigerator magnet for my chiropractor, an old pill bottle filled with needles, several plastic row markers, two or three old printed patterns, a couple of crochet hooks, three sets of circular knitting needles (and I don't even knit much anymore), and bunches of yarn scraps.

I broke down and took out a new clear ziploc bag and only put in it the things that should go in a knitster's tool bag. I also put away the tote bag I have been using to cart yarn projects around and instead placed a basket next to my chair to hold the yarn and hook for one, and only one, project.

The neat results are pictured above. Wonder how long this will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)