Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure
Yeasty Mosaic at Disney's California Adventure

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Creativity Tip No. 17

Choose a quote for the day

At our local family-owned market, someone writes a "thought for the day" on a dry erase board in the lobby. It provides a nice moment for those waiting in line to check out.

I thought this was a great idea so I bought a small deck of cards at a craft store, with each one illlustrating a quotation. I have been enclosing some of these little cards in birthday cards when I send them, sharing the wealth.

But I think I will hold onto them from now on. I will place one in front of my computer and focus on that quote and it's meaning for one day. I know that a lot of meditative-type books tell us to have a mantra to live with over time. But I like the idea of changing my thought of the day -- everyday.

You can easily do this too, just by printing some quotations from the Internet. Place one where you can see it and think about what it is telling you as you go about your day. Look forward to tomorrow when you will  have a different phrase to live with for the day.

This is a great idea for those of us who have short attention spans, which I think is most of us anymore.

Some of the quotes from my deck include:

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

Too much of a good thing is wonderful.

Carpe Diem (Seize the day).

Do one thing every day that scares you.

We are all capable of so much more than what we think we are. ~~ Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am the creator of the web's premiere Baby Boomer site: Boom This: A Generational Thing!(www.boomthis.com)